Monday, March 31, 2014

Athens, my love.

I was lucky enough to get to spend a few hours in one of my favorite places. I have so many memories of Athens and the four years I spent here.  

In the midst of life on Milledge Avenue, I know I was stressed about big tests, home sick from time to time, finding my niche in a huge sea of students, and shedding tears over a few cute frat boys, but when I look back, all of those less-than-easy moments fade into the best times of my life. 

I reminisced over brunch at Last Resort, longing for big sunglasses, a slight headache, dirty feet from dancing in spilled drinks, and my best girlfriends to relive it all with me.

My how times have changed....



Of course I had the frittata with fresh basil, garlic, and feta and the spinach salad. 


Athens isn't quite the same these days. Favorite spots have closed, I feel older than most, and I don't have time for even one chapter of a great book on North Campus. I used to always have time. 

As I sipped my mid day wine, I celebrated the fact that things change. Life isn't meant to stay the same. These days, I can't wait to introduce Wills to these streets I love so much. 

No comments:

Post a Comment