Saturday, March 22, 2014

All about Breakfast

Mornings are my favorite. They always have been. There's something about the fresh start, quiet time, smell of coffee, and rising sun that lures me about of bed in a great mood.

I always eat breakfast after a cup or two of coffee.

My usual...


9 times out of 10, Wills and I are rushing out of the door and I make a quick English muffin with nut butter, honey and chia seeds and a strawberry or chocolate shakeology. I pack all the goodness and nutrition in early to make room for a glass of wine later. :)


If I have a little more time, I love an egg scramble loaded with veggies and sprinkled with goat cheese and sriracha.


Or a piece of whole wheat French toast with chia seeds, which Wills also loves.


On the colder mornings, we share a big bowl of oatmeal. 

I'm planning, as it warms up, to add in more fresh fruit and yogurt breakfasts. I lean towards savory, filling foods in the fall and winter months and am looking forward to that change!


I make our oatmeal using 1/2 cup of oats, 1/2 cup water, 1/2 cup almond milk, T sunflower seed butter and brown sugar, half of a banana, and a sprinkling of chia seeds. 


Saturday mornings aren't as nutritious and our tradition is homemade bacon, egg and cheese biscuits. Keepin' it real.

No comments:

Post a Comment