Monday, December 17, 2012

"Grinch" Monster

About three weeks ago I started a personal challenge/awareness of five daily fruits and veggies. I try to eat healthy 80% of the time and splurge the remaining time, but lately I’ve been lacking in the produce department. I did really well for five days or so…adding a fruit to my breakfast, snacking on sweet peppers and hummus, having tomato or broccoli soup for lunch or a salad, adding tons of veggies to my sandwiches, another fruit for an afternoon snack, and fitting in as many as possible for dinner. I kept count of them in my journal. For a week, I felt great!

Then life happened, nightly painting began, frozen pizza took over, and well…the fruits and veggies lessened.

But not for this little one.  Although my daily intake isn't spot on, I make sure Wills gets the fruits and veggies he needs...with ketchup, of course.  :)



Plus, Wills and I have both been a little under the weather, and I know that's when healthy foods, loaded with vitamins and minerals, become crucial.  What better way to get back on it, pack in as many as possible in one refreshing punch, and start to feel better, than with a Green Monster.

In this beauty, went a ton of spinach, Greek yogurt, fresh grapefruit juice, a banana, frozen raspberries,  rolled oats, and 1/3 of an avocado. It was perfect.


And even better in a wine glass.  Now, off to watch the Grinch.  Suits him, don't you think?  


No comments:

Post a Comment