Sunday, December 7, 2014

What I'm Loving...

Hello, my friends.  I promise I have a birth story coming your way, but I've had this post written FOREVER, and well...

That's all I will say, other than now that I am feeling back to my old self again, I am hoping (once more) for regular writing, blogging, and sharing the things I love most about being a mom, wife, yogi, writer, novice (but getting better) in the kitchen, and day-dreamer, along with what we cook and eat from time to time.

Here's what I am loving lately...

These two will always be at the top of the list.  13 days in as a family of four, and I'd say we are adjusting nicely.  Yes, we've had our sleepless nights, weary nerves (especially with flu season and germs), and challenges of a newborn and busy 3 year old boy under the same roof, but overall, the transition has been wonderful!  Wills has been such a helpful big brother. We are truly blessed.  


Salad Inspiration.  Jen, from the Peanut Butter Runner, can make a salad look better than dessert.  I love reading her blog and recreating her meals in my kitchen. 


Twice.  Nesting happened, and my closets were cleaned out.  This time, after hearing about Twice, I requested a bag (simple and free) from the website, filled it up, shipped if off, and was paid for the items they accepted.  I will definitely be doing this in the future.  Check it out!


Sprinkles.  We have a bit of a big time picky eater on our hands over here.  Thankfully, the handful of things he will eat are relatively healthy; however, we've found that adding a few sprinkles never hurts and cuts down on the fight.  We've had sprinkles on yogurt, oatmeal, apple and peanut butter slices, English muffins, pancakes, and even noodles.  Next up...broccoli.  :)



Quick and Easy Dinners.  We love fajitas, and this Pinterest inspired recipe is perfect for hands-free cooking.  Boneless chicken strips on the bottom.  Topped with taco seasoning, sliced veggies, and Mexican cheese.  I baked it in the oven for 35 minutes on 350 and served it in tortillas.  It was easy to prep ahead of time and didn't require sauteing over a skillet.




Outside fires are my favorite.  Need I say more?  Tis the season.


Rustic farm-house weddings.  Chris and Maggie's day was perfectly them, and I LOVED every element of the style and detail Maggie created.  The pictures speak for themselves. 




Beaufort:  I miss you.  My bags may or may not be packed for...February.  We are looking forward to our first trip with Drennan and introducing her to our favorite place.


Crafts for the Win!  We are spending a lot of time at home, for obvious reasons, and Wills' box of crafts (Thanks, Gaga and Papa) is the perfect solution for a restless little boy.  He's particularly loving his stamps.


Being a mom to a boy.  Although I am now a mom to a little girl, as well, there's something that will always be extra special to me about having a boy to raise.  Never, in a million years, did I dream I would hatch a turtle (for days) on the fireplace hearth.  We watched and talked about this creature, daily, as he slowly emerged from his shell.  Wills loved it, and thus, so did I. 


This snack.  Dipped apple slices in 3/4 cup of 2% yogurt (2% is life changing) plus a tablespoon of Nutella mixed in. 



The Christmas Season. I will be sharing more of what we are doing to celebrate my favorite time of year, but for now, let me say, the Christmas music is blasting, decorating has ensued, Jack the Elf is here, William and I are enjoying red wine and fires, Wills' Nativity Scene is his favorite thing to talk about, and Hallmark movies are slowly replacing nightly Sports Center.  Although we are missing our annual Night on the Town in Beaufort, a few Christmas parties, and Drennan and I will have to pass on Lights of the South and picking out this year's tree, we are truly enjoying our first few weeks and couldn't think of a better, more exciting time to have a new baby.  Cheers.



No comments:

Post a Comment