Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Spinach and Chicken Bake

I'm loving this weather!  The windows are open, my UGG boots are on, and I'm sipping on an afternoon cup of decaf coffee, putting together this new recipe I tweaked from Pinterest.

It's the perfect healthy, comfort food for cool nights, curled up on the couch with your favorites, watching the first few episodes of The Voice. At least that's what we are planning on over here.

It makes plenty for leftovers or to share with company.

Here's what I used.  I totally cheated and bought already cooked and pulled rotisserie chicken.  This may be my new favorite find.


Wills occupied himself coloring inside of a box.  Excuse me, I mean a garage for his rescue trucks and cars.  Geez, Mom.


The recipe is super simple.  Mix together chicken, Italian diced tomatoes, mushrooms, onions (I sauted those in garlic olive oil, first,) thawed and drained frozen chopped spinach, salt and pepper.


I cooked half of the box of rigotoni and then added in 6 oz of light chive and onion cream cheese.  Add it while the pasta is hot, so it melts easily into the noodles.


Mix it all together and place in a baking dish.  Sprinkle with mozzarella, cover and bake on 375 degrees for 30 minutes.  Then uncover and bake for an additional 15 minutes.


Here's a close up of what was left after we enjoyed our dinner. 


Happy fall!

No comments:

Post a Comment