Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Be mine.

My sweet Valentines.





Wills got his first Valentines. This mommy will be just fine with these being the only Valentines her little boy receives for a long time. At least 20 years or so. Girls, watch out. :) 




Love, these days, looks a lot like doing the dishes, making the morning coffee, and tag-teaming our evening routine of rice cereal, bath time, bedtime bottle, preparing dinner, changing the last evening diapers, organizing the next day’s bottles, and tucking in our sweet little boy together, as parents.

It’s the little things that make a love so big.

This Valentine’s Day as I sneak away for a few quiet moments over a sushi dinner with my Valentine, kiss my other little Valentine goodnight, and give my furry Valentine a treat, I will remember that love isn’t about romantic trips, a dozen roses (although I'm so excited I got some), or expensive date nights. It’s about being together on this journey, celebrating the ups and embracing the downs of life, hand in hand, with plenty of kisses along the way.

As we’re raising our little boy and learning to juggle work, home, and a social life, I can’t help but agree with my BFF Taylor Swift in knowing that "the stakes are high, the water’s rough, but this love is ours.” God has chosen us and entrusted us with Wills, and the stakes are definitely high. I wouldn’t be telling the truth if I said that the waters are always perfectly smooth. I don’t think that’s possible with a four month old. However, I wouldn’t have it any other way, and I am so thankful that this love, this journey, is all ours.

Happy Valentine’s Day to my sweet boys. You bring so much joy, meaning, and purpose to my life.
      




No comments:

Post a Comment